Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Livin' Life Carefree

A discovery that I’ve made since coming to college has been that, in general, boys tend to be more stress-free than girls when it comes to school work. It has been a mystery to me for a while now. We have the same assignments and tests, but somehow boys just do them and it’s not that big of a deal. So I decided it’s because boys just don’t let themselves get stressed like us silly girls. We worry, and complain, and worry, and stress out way too much. We just need to take on a more boy-like attitude about this whole school thing. Just do it, get it done, and don’t worry about it anymore. So this has been the approach I’ve taken this semester and the difference between this semester and last is vast. I’m not at the library everyday, I still get my homework done, and the majority of the time I’m fairly stress-free. Really, this carefree mindset is simply wonderful. BUT, (and there is a but) there is also a difference in my grades and performance in school which we won't discuss any further. So the mystery remains. I figure it’s not female nature to be that way. We’re naturally stressed out, worried, and anxious and if I want to do well, I guess that’s how it has to be… next semester.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

hmmmm...how do you achieve that mindset?