Wednesday, March 2, 2011

To sum it up...

All I ever hear in my classes at the U is that the future of journalism is gloomy. My teachers say that it's a profession so competitive that to even play, I can't just be a decent writer. I have to be able to write, plus take pictures, edit video, create sound bytes, be outstanding at all of those things and generate exceptional multimedia stories, while on deadline.

Um. So as professional journalists tell me these things, it's extremely motivating to see that other professional journalists are really going out of their way to find deep, meaningful stories and ethically present information to the public that we might otherwise never know about.

I can't wait to report real, hard news stories like these blokes. It really makes me excited for the future.




Sheesh.

1 comment:

Amy said...

The cat mask. cat mask.

Oh CNN.