Saturday, May 14, 2011

Well I'm in London now

So that's fun.

In the past 72 hours, I have slept 11 hours. Apparently, even if I'm so tired my eyes feel like they're going to fall out of my head, it doesn't mean my brain will let me sleep. It's 6:43 a.m., Sunday morning here and 11:43 p.m., Saturday night at home and 12:43 p.m., Sunday afternoon in Thailand. Whatever clock I'm on is just all sorts of messed up.

Favorite thing about London so far: Regent's Park. The campus I'm going to school on is nestled in one corner of Regent's Park, which, it turns out, isn't just a park, but its own sovereign nation with tiny cafes everywhere, football, cricket, weddings, pedestrians and people living in the trees, and I'm pretty sure it's bigger than the Vatican and Liechtenstein put together.

There are lots of pigeons and ducks and other birds with nice, long necks who make lots of noise in the morning.

I could probably spend the whole five weeks I'm here just exploring this park, but there are perhaps thousands of parks in London, so I think I'll try and spread my time evenly among all of them.

Also, the second most common language spoken in London is apparently Bengali. Who knew?

No comments: