Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No longer a teen


Well after a week of being 20, so much has changed...hm, not really. The biggest change is just saying that I'm 20. Two decades, seems old, yet still so young. It's funny how when you're little, you can't wait to be "legal" and be able to sign for yourself, but all that comes with age is more and more responsibility and bigger decisions to make. I find myself wishing I could go back to my carefree childhood days sometimes. How fun was it to go run through the sprinklers for hours on a hot summer day and lay on the cement to dry off while eating popsicles or riding your bike to the gas station to get some candy and a slurpee and on your way back try to catch baby quail? Oh the good old days. Well I don't mean to dwell in the past, it's just that I don't think I took advantage of my childhood, I didn't appreciate it enough. HOWever, I am looking forward to what it coming in my life. There really is so much to live for. Stepping into the unknown is scary, but who knows, I could live for another 80 years and you can do a heck of a lot in 80 years. So I'll take Elder Wirthlin's saying to heart, "come what may and love it" and that's what I plan to do. Thanks to all of my family, friends and those who fall in both categories (Rose), it's been an awesome adventure so far and I'm looking forward to many many more!

~holly

No comments: