Monday, June 22, 2009

Two decades = 20 years

Everyone. Yesterday was the Hollster's birthday! She is now 20 years old and much more mature than she was five, ten, even fifteen years ago. Of course, that's a matter of opinion, but I digress.

Here are some things that make Holly great:

One time in high school we were walking out of our Precalc class and it was March. Holly turns to me and says,"Rose, when's April Fools' day?"

Another time we were in our art class and Holly was playing with a stapler, putting her finger right where the staples shoot out. Next thing I know she's jumping up and down holding her finger and I'm dying of laughter because she had stapled her finger.

At Brighton, the halls were circular and whenever we'd be walking together Holly could never walk straight and if I didn't occasionally give her a little push, she would run me straight into the wall.

One time we were late for our history class so we were running through the halls. It was a snowy day so the halls were really slippery and as we rounded a corner, Holly slipped, fell onto her knees and slid across the floor, all the while trying to grab the lockers for support. We barely kept straight faces when we walked into class.

Whenever we'd go to her house for lunch she'd make us really tasty cheese quesadillas and we'd eat pickles and drink lemonade.

All those memories are from high school, but funny stuff happened back then. Funny stuff still happens, but I'm currently suffering from short term memory loss.

Holly's a great person. She's genuine and sincere, and she cares about the right things and the right people (me). I'm glad she's my friend. Happy birthday, Holly:)

No comments: