Saturday, September 19, 2009

Aye, avast!

I was diligently writing an essay for my lovely Studies in Victorian Literature class, when I remembered the date. September 19. What's so special about September 19, you ask? Only that it's:

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

You think I'm joking? I never joke, people.

These two guys in New York started it with the help of Dave Barr
y, a syndicated columnist for the Miami Herald. In Miami. I'd give you all the background and history, but they tell it better themselves. Plus you can learn some pirate lingo. Check it out.



http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

It's a great way for all of us lubbers to expand our horizons. And for any of you that don't have plans tonight, how about we
get together and haul some keel.

Arrr,
Rose

No comments: