Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An unusual day of classes

10:00 a.m. - I watched several people make fools of themselves while singing their state songs. I listened to painful renditions of Yankee Doodle, Home, Home on the Range, Rocky Top (in a western accent) and even a "nose harmonica" version of Utah, This is the Place while not knowing whether to laugh or be embarrassed.

12:00 p.m. - Two freshmen boys sat on either side of me and continued to have conversation with each other across my seat. One of them pulled a Harry Potter by wearing glasses that were taped together. After a power point slide of the Salt Lake Temple was shown, Harry Potter broke out into spontaneous singing of I Love To See the Temple as about 300 people turned their heads and stared. My professor said something about taking temples for granted and Mr. Potter turned to me and asked, "Did he just use a play on words by saying 'granite' instead of 'granted' because the temple is made of granite?"

1:00 p.m. My religion professor kept doing this weird laugh/chuckle thing while he was teaching and it was never after anything funny he said. I believe he was discussing Acts 1-6, which, as I recall, is not a very humorous section of scripture.

So if ever you start losing hope for the people of America, just watch this video and you are guaranteed to have a renewed sense of pride. I know I did.

3 comments:

Rosemary Campbell said...

The real question is why are there freshman in your class when YOU are a junior and did they sit by you because they thought you were a freshman, too?

Holly said...

because its a GE class so people of all ages are in there thank you very much

Choo Choo said...

Hol, laughed so hard and so did my roommates! Ha, next time maybe just switch them seats. :)