Saturday, February 27, 2010

Guest post: Caroline, Carolyn, Carolytte, Carolina, Carolmary

Pronounced Row-smmm-air-eeeee. My dear sister is letting me post on her blog. She is very trusting. So we will start out with some basic facts about her:
1. She is deathly afraid of spiders. I have to kill them for her as she runs as fast as humanly possible to the other end of the house.
2. She is stronger than all my older brothers put together. I can beat her in an arm wrestle though.
3. She can throw a mean punch. It hurts really really bad.
4. Sometimes she pretends that she is black and uses the phrase "tru dat".
5. We text song lyrics to each other. The last few songs have been, "I Want Love" by Elton John, "My Friends", and "Epiphany" from Sweeney Todd. If you havent' heard these songs, I highly recommend you look them up.
6. She dances like Elaine Benis from Seinfeld.
7. She has random outbursts of emotion that can be shown in a variety of ways. These range from yelling and dancing, to punching me and giving me a dead arm.
8. She is going to Thailand for the summer. I don't know what I am going to do.

Now I will write about one of my views of the world. Right now, I am sitting in the middle of my 20 year old sister and my now 26 year old brother. They are having a war by throwing markers at each other. He just threw a tennis ball at her and hit her in the head. What if all the wars in the world were fought like this? What if instead of sending their nations to war with each other Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler sat in a room together and threw tennis balls and markers at each other? The winner would be determined by who could pin the other down and draw a mustache on them. This would be great. They could show it on tv. There would be no blood, killing, or violence. It may even be as widely watched as the Olympics and all the money would go to the winning country. The losing country would have to wait until the next marker war to gain their world dominance.

Another view that I have is that ice-dancing should not be an Olympic sport. I'm sorry if I offend any of the readers of this blog. In the Olympics, there are extremely athletically talented people who can do tricks such as a double mctwist 1260 or go flying down an 80 degree vertical hill at 90 miles an hour and still manage to stay on their feet. There are also those who can slide on the ice on a tiny blade and somehow manage to jump off the ice and spin around 4 times before landing back on the ice. In ice-dancing, there is no jumping, no spinning, and they don't even skate that fast. They twizzle. They move their feet in fancy ways across the ice, wear revealing clothes and shiny neon blue onesies. I'm not a good skater but I'm pretty sure that if I practiced for 1 or 2 years I could do that. They should trade this for skiing halfpipe.

My last issue is that snow does not seem to feel the need to stick to the ground in the Salt Lake valley, which makes it look brown and ugly. At least we can get relief from this through our wonderful mountains.

Caroline

3 comments:

Holly said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Caroline! An excellent first post I must say.

Jeff and Kristin Campbell said...

"Twizzle" is my new favorite word :) it makes me happy :)

kristin

Amy said...

Why don't you have your own blog? I like your thoughts...mctwist 1290 haha!