Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dear Salt Lake drivers...

...it is a curious thing that on a nice spring morning when it just happens to be snowing, our feet all seem to forget how to press the gas pedals in our cars. Tell me, for how many years has it snowed it Utah? Countless. How many times have we driven in the snow? Countless. How much experience do you have driving in the snow? A LOT.

I mean, I know snowy roads can be dangerous, most the time it scares me to drive on them, too. But I don't understand why when I get out on the wet freeway road that is just wet, not even snowy or icy, we all have to drive like we're in a neighborhood. Just like I don't understand why when I'm driving south into Utah County, suddenly everyone starts driving like they're 99 years old, scared to go more than 60 miles per hour, even those in the left hand fast lane.

It's an inexplicably puzzling issue that may or may not have come about due to my annoyance that it was 60 degrees yesterday and 30 degrees today. And I even love snow. But I really just want to have a nice spring evening game of baseball in a fun little park and this snow is preventing that from happening.

What to do...what to do...

1 comment:

Amy said...

In Arizona nobody drives over 65 mp-- which is probably a good thing, except that we aggressive Utah drivers like to go 1000mph. So I guess what I'm saying is.. . let's move to Australia where there is no speed limit.